In Boynton Beach, Fla., and surrounding areas, it’s not uncommon for homeowners to get monthly summer cooling bills that are $400-500. As the temperature rises, so does the monthly electric bill to keep the home cooler and more comfortable. Those who want to save some money can do a few things to help save on their monthly bills and keep the home feeling comfortable.
“We help people save a lot of money through home window tinting, but there are other things they can also do,” explains Vince Ceraulo, president of Southern Glass Protection.
Here are 5 things homeowners can do to help reduce their monthly electric bill during the summer:
- Tint the windows. Doing this is a significant step in helping to keep the home cooler, thereby keeping the air conditioner from running more.
- Use ceiling fans. Having a ceiling fan in the room can help keep it a few degrees cooler, so the air conditioner doesn’t have to be set as low. It costs pennies to run a ceiling fan, compared to higher rates for the air conditioner.
- Close the blinds. Those who don’t have their window tinted should close their blinds when the sun hits them, which will help reduce the amount of heat coming in. It’s not nearly as effective as window film, but it will still help.
- Set the thermostat higher. It’s tempting to keep the temperature set lower, but it will run the bill up a lot during the summer. Opt for 78 degrees or higher during the day so that it saves money each month.
- Keep oven usage to a minimum. Using the oven will heat the home, so on hot days, try to avoid using it. Use the stove, microwave, or grill outdoors to help keep the home cooler.
“We all want our homes comfortable and cooler during the warm months,” added Ceraulo. “Doing these things will help you do that and have a lower electric bill.”
Southern Glass Protection has provided home window tinting in Boynton Beach and South Florida for over 20 years. They use high-quality LLumar window film, provide free quotes, and offer all new customers a 10% off coupon. Their window tinting comes with a 100% transferrable warranty and provides many options, including frosts, gradients, textures, etc. To schedule a free estimate appointment or obtain a discount coupon, visit the site: https://southernglassprotection.com/window-tinting-boynton-beach/
About Southern Glass Protection
With over 20 years of experience, Southern Glass Protection is the leading window film company in the Boca Raton, Fla., area. The company offers professional residential and commercial window tinting services, helping customers reduce energy bills and add style, privacy, and UV protection. To get more information about the company, visit the site at: https://southernglassprotection.com
Southern Glass Protection
5222 NW 110th Ave
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Ireland Daily News journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.