Cartier Love is the most iconic bracelet of all time. It is classic, elegant, and has become the object of desire of women all over the world from the very first copies. She is loved by stars, celebrities, and a large group of influencers.
The roots of the Cartier brand date back to the late nineteenth century, when the French jeweler Louis-François Cartier fell in love with Parisian women. His boutique has become a must-see on the Paris social map. You just had to visit there, show yourself and admire the master’s works!
10 fascinating facts about the Cartier Love bracelet:
1. The Cartier Love bracelet was designed in the brand’s New York workshop in 1969, not at the Cartier headquarters in Paris.
2. The young designer Aldo Cipullo created an inconspicuous gold hoop. He designed it in an oval shape for the best fit. When creating it, he was inspired by medieval chastity belts. It was intended to be worn by both women and men. It was often referred to as the “handcuffs of love” because its closure was designed in such a way that the two parts of the bracelet are twisted on the wrist with a screwdriver.
3. Cartier Love was the first project that Aldo Cipullo created for the Cartier brand. Another was the cult bracelet “nail” Juste un Clou.
4. The Cipullo project has revolutionized the way jewelry is worn. At the time when the Love bracelet was made, jewelry was tailored to the outfit, while Cartier Love was designed to be worn non-stop day and night.
5. It is said that until the end of the seventies, Cartier reserved the right to sell the Cartier Love bracelet only to lovers!
6. The bracelets were originally made of silver and plated with gold, but soon the company began producing gold versions, and in 1979, diamond-studded models were also made.
7. Characteristic round screws that decorate the Cartier Love bracelet and at the same time close it. They were inspired by the screws on the case of the most iconic Cartier Santos watch.
8. When it was launched, Cartier donated bracelets to the most famous people, including the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, Ali MacGraw and Steve McQueen, and Sophia Loren and Carlo Ponti.
9. The love bracelets initially did not have serial numbers, but due to numerous counterfeits, the company began to engrave each of them with a unique number. This number is kept on file and each bracelet is also Cartier certified.
10. Some hospitals in New York are said to have small Love bracelet screwdrivers in stock in case they need to remove components from their patients in an emergency.
Sell Us Your Jewelry – #1 place to Sell Cartier Bracelets
Sell Us Your Jewelry is one of the most famous buyers of exclusive new and pre-owned Cartier bracelets in Miami, Miami Beach, Coral Gables, Bal Harbor, Fort Lauderdale, and even in New York.
Sell Us Your Jewelry has been buying pre-owned Cartier jewelry since 1980.
When you sell Cartier Bracelets to an experienced jeweler, they can authenticate and price these pieces fairly. They have the best prices in the market. If you’re ready to sell Cartier bracelets, check out the Sell Us Your Jewelry offer.
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Ireland Daily News journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.